Windows - Open Snipping Tool and take a screenshot
- To open Snipping Tool, select the Start button, type snipping tool, and then select it in the search results.
- To choose the type of snip you want, select Mode (or, in older versions of Windows, the arrow next to New), and then choose Free-form, Rectangular, Window, or Full-screen Snip. When making free-form or rectangular snips, use your mouse to select the area that you want to capture.
- To take a new screenshot using the same mode you used last, select New.
- Use the Save and Copy buttons at the top of the snip to save or copy it to the clipboard.
Mac - Take a screenshot
- To take a screenshot, press and hold these three keys together: Shift, Command, and 3.
- If you see a thumbnail in the corner of your screen, click it to edit the screenshot. Or wait for the screenshot to save to your desktop.